Sunday, November 18, 2007

Get your docs

So, I know this girl. She's a good chicka. A little too trusting. She originally wanted to do a VA loan Good choice! However, she has very low scores. Too low, in fact, for my bank to touch her.

She gets to a broker. Broker says, of course, "No Problem!" I call her up the other day and asked her "How's your mortgage going?" She says, "It's in underwriting!"

This interests me. The broker she sent the loan too is a broker owned by my bank. ( And I'm tired, so , now you have to guess who is speaking when )

I ask her, " What did your good faith estimate look like?"

( The deafening pause ) "What paperwork?"

"You didn't sign any paperwork?"

"no"

"How long has your file been at underwriting?"

"Two weeks"

At this point I'm doing a Holy Crapper!

My last comment was " I hate to break this to you, but your loan is not anywhere near underwriting. No docs equal no loan."

Folks! Follow up on your loan. Don't assume the guy you talk to knows what he is doing! For the love of everything that's good, follow up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

EXCELLENT advice.